DIY: Cool Lime Refresher!
My all time favourite drink from Starbucks surprisingly isn’t coffee. It is their Cool Lime Refresher and I am obsessed with it. For example today, i drove 40 minutes into town to pick one up. I know, you probably think i’m crazy but when you get a craving you just have to do it!
What is a Cool Lime Refresher? Well you can probably guess by the name, it’s a lime based juice drink! This is how Starbucks describes it:
” Real fruit juice, mint and a lime slice shaken with Green Coffee Extract for a boost of natural energy, served over ice”.
Cool Lime Refreshers probably won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but i love it. I love it so much that i decided to try recreate it at home.
So what do you need?
( Cup = 240 ml )
- 4 cups of water
- 1 – 2 cups of fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- 3/4 cup cucumber
- 3/4 sugar
- 1 whole lemon
I would say it depends on your personal taste for the strength of the lime & mint.
How do you make it?
1. Pour 4 cups of water into a large jug.
2. Finely chop up your mint leaves and dice your cucumber. Chopping the ingredients finely will help infuse the water better.
3. Add the mint & cucumber into the jug of water and stir well with a spoon. Cover the jug with cling film and pop it into the fridge for a couple of hours and leave it to infuse.
4. After a couple of hours remove the mint & cucumber from the water. Straining it through a sieve is the easiest way. Don’t worry if you can’t get it all out, it well help add to the end flavour.
5. Add 1-2 cups of lime juice and 3/4 cup of sugar into the jug of water and stir well until all the sugar has dissolved. I also squeezed 1 whole lemon in at this point for an extra kick of flavour!
At this stage i would recommend tasting it and add water/lime to your taste.
Once your happy with the taste, add ice and vuala! You have your own DIY : Cool Lime Refresher.
If you are yet to try a Cool Lime Refresher from Starbucks, I really recommend that you do. If you like it, then you can make your own at home. It’s a perfect refreshing drink for summer.
What’s your favourite drink from Starbucks?